myBase 7.x Plugin Development
To get started with development work of your own plugins, please visit:
The plugin API reference includes a large number of API functions of many aspects. In general, you don't need to learn all of them, using a subset of the API functions would be enough to make a particular plugin.
For demonstration and samples of plugin scripts, you may want to look into the ./plugins sub folder under the program's install folder, whereby you will have tens of inbuilt scripts as examples, and you can select an appropriate one as template of your own plugin script; Here're a few notes which might help you quickly get started from an inbuilt plugin script.
- For importing your data from particular sources/formats, refer to the './plugins/Import*.js' scripts;
- For exporting your data to particular desitinations/formats, refer to the './plugins/Export*.js' scripts;
- For custom HTML formatting, refer to the './plugins/Custom*.js' scripts;
- For inserting HTML elements or contents into the HTML editor, refer to the './plugins/Insert*.js' scripts;
- For traversing the outline tree, many plugins include this operation, such as 'Export direcotry tree.js', 'List all attachments.js', etc.
- For local file manipulation, refer to the script file './plugins/Search file system.js';
- For data exchange and manipulation with MS-Office, refer to the './plugins/Import MS-*.js' scripts; (Windows only)